Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I129F Approval!

Just a few hours ago, Emily received an Approval Notice for our I129F application.

Though it's not the visa in hand, this is most of the waiting done and is thus pretty amazing. It hasn't quite sunk in, so any more precise descriptions of how amazing are difficult to come up with.

This basically means that I have approval to attend an interview at the consulate in Frankfurt, the time of which they will determine after I have 'informed' them that I have all the information required. Though it will mean legal negotiating to get police reports (polizeiliche Führungszeugnisse, anyone?) in Germany, that's pretty small beans all in all; it also seems to take only a few weeks on average between requesting the interview and receiving a date, which means (I really hope) less than a month to attend the interview. If approved, the visa comes back in my passport a few days later.

Now as long as they give me the visa in Frankfurt. If I avoid the phrase "damn Yankees" and keep all my documents I think I'll be fine. Meanwhile, I have to get busy with police reports, changing my address with USCIS and doubtless other things I've forgotten.

Mental air-punch.

No comments: