Tuesday, January 1, 2008

1 January 2008: A new Paradiso!


So! Today, Wiebke and I went to sit in a cafe and read after brunch today. We tried to go to Dado, but it was closed (New Year's Day), so we went to Algiers instead. I don't think we've ever been there together and I hadn't been there in about four years. Anyway, we walked in and went upstairs (I'd never been upstairs before). It's absolutely beautiful in there and I don't think it's as expensive as Paradiso was. The best thing, though, is that when we walked in, I saw ALL the old Paradiso regulars there. We sat right next to the funny old guy who always wears a little flat cap and crazy obviously designer clothes that are shabby even though they're clearly quite expensive. Anyway, it's a fabulous fabulous place and I think I have to go there every day. It really made me feel so much better about the coming year, because I have a regular place to go! I can't wait to take you there.

No comments: